Aside from attending lectures in the IELTS review center in Davao, it is also beneficial that you bank on creative ways to improve your memory and release stress.
• Go for a walk. Exercising helps release stress and boost memory and brain power. Go for a walk for at least 20 minutes every day and even before your exam to breathe in fresh air, clear your mind, and find your focus.
• Discuss newly acquired concepts with other people. After reviewing, teach other people the concepts that you have just learned. This practice is helpful in understanding the lesson deeper and making the idea clearer for you. Discussions are also useful platforms for knowledge sharing.
• Block distractions. Avoid opening social media sites during review sessions. Not only will this activity help you focus on the lesson, but it will also develop your discipline that is essential in any undertaking. Aside from lurking on the internet, avoid other distractors such as gaming and partying. Leave them for last as your rewards after a day's hard work.
• Watch relevant documentaries. This activity is an entertaining and stress-free way to discover and learn more about related topics. Utilize the internet to find available clips about topics you just discussed. You can also ask your instructor in the IELTS review center in Davao if he/she has some recommendations to further your knowledge through watching documentaries.
• Utilize the internet. Research like a pro and gather more learning resources. Knowing the use of different search operators is one way to help ease your online research. Examples are listed below.
-Use quotation marks to search for specific terms on the internet.The tips listed above are just some study hacks you can incorporate in your review sessions in the IELTS Philippines. Bank on these study hacks and elevate your chances of securing your band score goal.
-Use dashes to exclude a particular term in your query.
-Use two periods (..) to search within two number ranges.
• Spray unfamiliar scent. This activity helps activate your memory. You can also spray an unusual scent right before you take the exam to boost your brain power. This practice works the same way as chewing a different flavor of gum. Either way can help jog your memory.
- Leyden, Andrea. "20 Study Hacks to Improve Your Memory." ExamTime. October 03, 2016. Accessed April 24, 2017. https://www.goconqr.com/en/examtime/blog/study-hacks/.
- Harrison, Melissa. "16 Simple Studying Hacks To Help You Ace Your Next Exam." BuzzFeed. Accessed April 24, 2017. https://www.buzzfeed.com/melissaharrison/16-simple-studying-hacks-to-help-you-ace-your-next-exam?utm_term=.bub9OlaeV#.na93k8LdE.
- "5 Study Hacks Proven by Science (and Why They Work)." College Raptor. Accessed April 24, 2017. https://www.collegeraptor.com/find-colleges/articles/tips-tools-advice/5-study-hacks-proven-by-science-and-why-they-work/.
- "12 Hacks That Will Improve Your Studying [Infographic]." Kaplan University. Accessed April 24, 2017. http://www.kaplanuniversity.edu/12-study-tips.aspx.