There should always be enough preparation for a test candidate prior to taking an examination. However, there are some circumstances, such as busy work schedule and unforeseen events, which could cause the test candidate to miss reviewing for the examination. This is especially true to some candidates of the IELTS test. Despite their enrollment in IELTS training, it is just so difficult for them to attend classes. As a result, they start to cram when their test date is fast approaching.
IELTS review center in Davao, Manila, Cebu, and other parts of the country believe that there is still a way in getting a good score for the IELTS despite the short time to review. There is an effective way of reviewing for the IELTS despite one’s cramming. Here are some good points for reviewing when you feel like you are already running out of time.
- Find a more convenient and conducive place to review. Your room is the best place to review for the exam; however, it can be a huge distraction as well. Avoid reviewing on your bed since you might be tempted to lie down and sleep. Instead, take all your review manuals and go to a nearby coffee shop or library. Surround yourself with people who are also studying for you to be more motivated.
- Have short breaks while studying. Too much studying can be also detrimental to your review. Take short breaks in between your practices. For instance, after doing a reading test, check your answers then take a ten-minute break. This will give time for your brain to relax and recharge for another set of exercises. Pushing yourself to study long hours with no breaks makes you feel exhausted fast. Just like your body, the brain also needs time to rest.
- Look for a study buddy. IELTS training can be quite tough. Thus, it is best to have someone to share the experience with. With a study buddy, you will be able to share ideas and techniques in answering some questions for the test. Also, it is the best way in practicing you English skills. You can do speaking mock exams to further develop you skills and confidence in using the English language.
- Prioritize areas which you find more difficult. If you have a hard time with writing essays, allot more time in doing activities in this section. You have to focus more of your study time in items that requires more effort in reviewing. However, do not be too complacent with your strengths. Do short exercises to refresh your skills.
- Enroll in IELTS intensive programs. IELTS review center in Cebu and other parts of the country have special programs for IELTS review. This program usually lasts for two weeks where test candidates are exposed to strenuous IELTS exercises. The students are given intensive coaching for the test to have them ready on the actual test day.
Cramming is natural, yet it can be avoided. As much as possible, prepare a timeline for your review when preparing for the IELTS. In this way, you will have more time to build, develop, and improve your English skills for the exam.